Thursday

5 Questions for Diablo Archer...

taken from http://not-so-averageonhiphop.blogspot.com/

1. Name one song that truly moves you (besides your own)?
Drake-'Say What's Real' and Rick Ross-'Valley of Death' are two joints that really move me right now. I actually have a Sansa Clip full of songs that get me through my day. They all move me, but, right now, those two are on repeat when they come on.

2. What is the dopest line you’ve written?
I could never answer that question definitively lol, so I'll give you my most memorable line at this moment. 'my memories are sour trees blowing in the wind, so I quit and repent, but I seal it with a twist and forget. Put fire out, been smoking ever since. They say I spew it Hell hot when I am only trying to vent.' Okay, that was more than a line. I got a bit carried away.

3. What is the best musical sample you’ve used or heard used in a song?
I'm a sucker for Luther (Vandross) samples. Ninth Wonder's remix of Jay-Z's "Threats" is one of my favorite sample flips. haha, you KNOW questions are good when you argue with yourself over the answers. This was supposed to be a QUICK interview lmao.

4. Who do you plan to collaborate musically with in the future?
If I could do a joint with Andre 3000 under the condition that it was my last collab EVER, I think I'd take the deal. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd take it. Yep. Haha upon re-reading, I'm POSITIVE I'd at LEAST sleep on it. Seriously though, dude is a ridiculous talent.

5. Who or what has influenced you the most?
I've been influenced by hip hop. I mean, that relationship has been the most dynamic one I can remember. As far as how my music has been influenced... Pretty much everything I grew up listening to, and anything I listen to or see now. That can be anything from an old Donny Hathaway song to a conversation with a coworker. My music is heavily influenced by everyday life. I try to capture snapshots as I'm going about my day, and then use those snapshots to paint portraits that offer my take on what I've seen. Then I'm influenced by feedback, even though most artists hate to admit it.
LIFT: The Rise and Fall of Diablo Archer is available now.

No comments: